In Reading this week we started learning about Author's Purpose. This week we focused on Persuasion and how an author uses their writing to change how we think, act, or feel. As an example we read some of the Pigeon books which brought lots of laughter and fun too.
In Math this week we practiced our measuring by doing long jumps. Each student did two jumps while another student measured. Afterwards we learned how to find the median of a set of numbers. In Writing this week, we finished our portfolios and started practicing for Student Led Conferences. I am very excited to have the students share all their hard work next week! In Bible we learned about Jesus healing a man born blind from birth and a man who was swollen all over his body. We talked about having faith even when no one else around us does. Today we also learned about the Bank and what kinds of things we can do there. We also practice filling out deposit forms and writing our signatures.
1. BAZAAR is TOMORROW from 10am-3pm!! Please come and visit our booth and enjoy some shopping!
2. There will be NO SCHOOL on MONDAY.
3. Next Friday is Student Led Conferences. Please come at your appointed time and enjoy hearing about the progress that your student has made in 2nd grade!
4. Due to the short week next week, there will be no new spelling words.
5. Bible Memory Verse: "I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live even if they die." John 11:25
Have a wonderful long weekend! Looking forward to seeing everyone back on Tuesday! :)