Reading: This week we focused on Accuracy Strategies. We learned what to do when we come to words that we don't know while reading.
Writing: We learned how to add more details to our stories. The students worked really hard on Friday to find areas of their stories where they could add more details and help the reader picture the story in their mind.
Math: This week we finished our review chapter on addition and subtraction. Next week we will take our Chapter 1 Test.
Bible: We learned about Joseph and how God took care of him. Even though he went through hard times, God had a plan for his life and helped him.
Social Studies: We made our own pirate maps and then gave directions using North, South, East, and West on how to get to the treasure.
1. Spelling Words: smoke, quick, backpack, hike, clock, lake, strike, backstroke, check, ticket, friend, baseball
2. Bible Verse: Lord, you are forgiving and good. You are full of love for all who call out to you. Psalm 86:5
3. There is no school on Monday. Enjoy the long weekend!
4. If you would like to order books from Scholastic please do so before September 25th. Please check the previous post for instructions.
5. PICTURE DAY: Picture Day is next week. Our day is Thursday and our time is 9:00.
9/17 - Professional Development Day - No School
9/19-9/20 - Picture Days
10/8 - Professional Development Day - No School
Have a good weekend! :)