This week we began working on our Student Led Conference Portfolios. We have been reflecting on our learning and looking at how we can improve in each subject area.
In Writing this week, we finished our Final Copy of our Ocean Animal Research Papers. I am so proud of the students' hard work on these papers and I am excited to read them and see what they have learned. For Math, we started Unit 7 which focuses on patterns. We were able to learn some new Math games as well to help us practice our Math facts. In Bible this week we learned about Jesus healing a deaf and mute man and how Jesus feed 4000 people with only 7 loaves of a bread and a few fish.
This week we also began our learning and practice for Kid's City! We studied the Police Station today and learned what kinds of things happen there. Every week, we will be learning about a new place leading up to our Kid's City in April. More information will be coming soon about ways that you can help and be involved with this fun 1st and 2nd grade event!
Important information for this week:
1. TOMORROW we will be wrapping Lumpia for our Bazaar food corner in the Teacher's Lounge at 9AM. Please bring all of the food donations tomorrow so we can make the Lumpia. Also, if you are able to come and help please do!
2. The Bazaar is next Saturday, February 28th. If you are able to help out with our booth that day, please email me or Mrs. Ikehara.
3. There will be no school the Monday after the Bazaar (MARCH 2ND)
4. Student-Led Conferences are coming up very soon! A paper was sent home today with each student's assigned time. Please return those forms by February 28th. If you need to reschedule your conference for a different time or day please email me.
5. Spelling Words for this week: slide, sprint, smile, swish, scream, squeal, splash, skate, start, snow, score, sport, scene, school, January, from
6. Bible Memory Verse: "I am the light of the world. Anyone who follows me will never walk in darkness. They will have that light. They will have life." John 8:12
Have a wonderful and restful weekend!! :)