Reading: This week in Reading we focused on making Text to Self Connections. As we read our books, we looked for parts of the book that reminded us of our own life experiences. We had fun sharing these connections with each other.
Writing: For Writing we focused on a Thanksgiving piece. We talked about how the Pilgrims traveled from England to America and had to leave a lot of their things behind. The students then thought about what they would bring with them if they were traveling on a long journey.
Math: In Math this week we finished up Unit 4 and took the test on Wednesday. We then got ready for the next unit on shapes and lines by taking a pretest.
Bible: We spent this week finishing up our discussions on prayer. Throughout our prayer unit we have been making a book about different things that we can pray about. On Thursday we finished the last page and put together our books. Then on Friday we learned about the Lord's Prayer and how it gives us an example of how to pray.
1. Spelling Words: Our Spelling Test over last week's words will be on Monday.
2. Bible Memory Verse: Our Bible Test will also be on Monday.
3. Harvest Day will be on Tuesday, November 24th. We will be rotating between the different 1st and 2nd grade classes for some Thanksgiving crafts, songs, and games. We will also be having Pie Day at the end of the day! If you would like to come and join us please send me an email.
4. There will be NO SCHOOL on Wednesday-Friday (25th-27th) for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
5. The Christmas Program is coming up soon on Wednesday, December 2nd. The program will start at 7:00, but students need to be no later than 6:30. We are very excited to share all our hard work with you!
6. We will practicing for the Christmas Program at the Hall on Monday (31st) and Wednesday (2nd) in the morning. Wednesday, December 2nd is also an early dismissal day with students going home at 12:30pm. Please send a home lunch with your student on that day since we will be staying at the hall for a longer period of time.
Have a restful weekend! :)