Reading: This week in reading we learned how to activate our prior knowledge. We learned that it is important to think about what we already know about a topic before we start reading a book. We practiced as a whole class, with partners, and then on our own with a variety of books.
Writing: In writing we focused on punctuation. We learned about telling sentences, commands, question sentences, and exclamatory sentences. We practice identifying the punctuation of different sentences and writing our own sentences with different punctuation.
Math: Our focus in Math this week was rounding and addition with regrouping. We practice rounding different numbers to the nearest ten. We also practiced identifying addition problems that needed regrouping and ones that did not by making an addition book.
Science: We finished up our unit on simple machines!
Bible: Our Bible focus this week was prayer. We talked about what it means to pray and what we can pray about. We learned that prayer is when we talk to God and that we need to be respectful. We also started making a prayer book of things we can pray about. This week we talked about how we can pray for our family and friends and how we can thank God for the many things that He has given us.
1. Spelling Words: rejoice, good-bye, point, cool, room, stood, toy, noise, football, enjoy, join, shook, coin, too, they, alike
2. Bible Memory Verse: "Give thanks to the Lord, because He is good. His faithful love continues forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34
3. WALKATHON is tomorrow! I hope to see many of you there for a fun day of walking and supporting our school!
4. There will be NO SCHOOL on MONDAY! Enjoy the long weekend!
5. The Holiday Fair will be SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 21ST in the gym.
6. CHRISTMAS PROGRAM - we have been practicing hard for the Christmas Program! An information packet was sent home today with each student. Inside the packet is a permission slip for the two days that we will travel to the city hall to practice. Please return those to school as soon as possible.
7. HARVEST DAY will be Tuesday, November 24th. The 1st and 2nd grade students will rotate between classes and learn about Thanksgiving. We will also have pie day at the end of the day. Information was sent home today with each student. If you would like to come and help, please let me know.
8. Thanksgiving Break will be 11/25-11/27.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)