Writing: This week we wrote about our favorite weather. Each student picked their favorite weather and then came up with five reasons why they like it. Today we wrote our final copy which will be turned into a class book!
Bible: We continued learning about Jesus' birth this week. We learned how Mary and Joseph traveled to Bethlehem and how Jesus was born. We also learned about how the angels told the shepherds about Jesus' birth and then they went and told everyone that they knew.
Social Studies: We divided into five group and each group learned about a different South American country. We studied Brazil, Ecuador, Chile, Peru, and Colombia. The students found interesting information about their country and next week we will share it with the rest of the class.
1. Spelling Words: cheese, teeth, even, please, team, easy, breeze, these, peace, leave, keep, zero, yours, upon
2. Bible Memory Verse: "Where is the child who has been born to be King of the Jews? When we were in the east, we saw his star. Now we have come to worship Him." Matthew 2:2
3. Parent/Teacher Conferences will be next FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23rd. If you have not returned the slip, please do so on Monday.
4. Walktahon is coming up soon!! If you would like to participate please send in the permission slip and money to me.
5. We will be going sweet potato digging on Friday, October 30th! A permission slip was sent home today with each student as well as a flyer with some more information. Please return those to me by next Friday.
Have a great weekend!