Reading: This week in Reading we finished learning how to Retell the Story. We also learned how to do Word Work during Daily 5. We practiced our Spelling words during Word Work and next week we will add it to our Daily 5 time.
Writing: Today we finished our second piece of narrative writing. We spent the week writing our first copy, revising, editing, and peer reflecting our stories. Today we wrote our final copy. Here are the students hard at work:
Social Studies: This week in Social Studies we started our study of South America. On Tuesday we learned about Argentina. We studied some interesting places in Argentina, what food they eat, and other parts of their culture.
Bible: This week in Bible we learned about how an angel visited Zechariah and Mary to tell them about the birth of John the Baptist and Jesus. We learned that Jesus was born to save His people from their sins and that John the Baptist was given the job of preparing people for Jesus. Just like John the Baptist, our job is also to tell others what we know about Jesus.
1. Spelling Words: why, fire, wild, Bible, try, bright, mind, life, Friday, skylight, mild, kind, story, could
2. Bible Memory Verse: "I bring you good news of great joy. It is for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you. He is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:10-11
3. There will be NO SCHOOL this coming MONDAY, OCTOBER 10th.
4. Walkathon papers were sent home today! If your student would like to walk please fill out the permission slip and return it to school. The cost to walk is 2000 yen. If your student would also like a t-shirt they will need to raise 5000 yen (this includes the price to walk and the price of the t-shirt).
5. Parent-Teacher Conferences will be FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23RD. A paper was sent home today with your time. Please return the top half of the paper to me as soon as possible.
Have a great weekend and see you on Tuesday!!