In Reading this week we finished talking about the Author's Purpose of Entertainment. We read many different Dr. Seuss books to see how some books are written simply for us to enjoy. This week in Bible, we started talking about the Parables of Jesus. These are stories that Jesus told in order to teach the people something about the Kingdom on God. We learned about the Parable of the Sower, the Parable of the Weeds, and the Parable of the Mustard Seed and Yeast.
Today we also had the chance to attend the Culture Fair in the 3rd-5th grade classrooms. We enjoyed getting to hear about different countries in South America, Africa, and Asia. Because of Culture Fair, we also got to enjoy a picnic lunch outside on this beautiful day!
1. Next week will be Missions Week. On Tuesday-Thursday we will be joining the K-1st grades at a Kid's Club run by the High Schoolers. We will then have regular class time in the afternoon.
2. There will be NO SCHOOL on MONDAY, MARCH 23RD.
3. A flyer was sent home today about the Family Reading Campaign starting up later this month. If you have any questions please let me know.
4. Scholastic Book Orders are due March 27th.
5. Spelling Words for next week: raft, calf, built, golden, gulf, left, held, shelf, folktale, milk, building, drift, halfway, felt, once, Thursday
6. Bible Memory Verse: "But here is how God has shown his love for us. While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8