Reading: This week we focused on suffixes which are word parts that are added to the end of a word to change the meaning. We learned these suffixes:
ful - full of less - without able - able to
er - someone who ly - how something is done
Writing: We continued working on our Animal Research Projects. This week we learned how to take our notes and put them into paragraphs. We also started peer editing our work.
Math: This week we finished our unit on graphs. We wrote our own survey in groups and went to different classrooms to conduct our survey. Then we made tally graphs, picture graphs, and bar graphs with the data. We also answered questions about our graphs.
Bible: In Bible we continued learning about Passion Week. This week we looked at how we can show Jesus that we love Him. We learned about how Mary showed Jesus that she loved Him with her actions and how Judas said he loved Jesus but then betrayed Him.
1. Terra Nova Testing will take place next week on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. The Terra Nova is a standardized test that will provide data on how your student is progressing in comparison to other students in American and International schools worldwide. In preparation for these tests please be sure your student:
- gets 8-10 hours of sleep each night
- eats a nutritional breakfast before school each morning
- refrains from extra activities in the evening during testing days
- brings a light, healthy snack each day such as: one banana, a small baggie of popcorn, dried fruit, etc.
- is on time for school each day
3/29-3/31 - Terra Nova Testing
3/31 - 3rd Quarter Report Cards sent home
4/1-4/9 - Spring Break
4/14 - 12:30 Dismissal
4/21 - Kid City for 1st and 2nd grade
4/28 - Elementary Field Day
5/5 - Children's Day - No School
Have a great weekend! :)