We had the chance to go to the 3rd-5th grade classroom to hear about the countries they have been researching. We enjoyed getting to see their instruments, clothes, houses, and other projects!
Reading: In reading we focused on prefixes. These are word parts that are added to the beginning of words to change the meaning. We focused on these prefixes:
pre - before re - again mis - wrong un - not
dis - not non - not over - too much
Math: This week we continued learning about graphs. We focused on how to make and read bar graphs. We also started learning about line plots.
Bible: In Bible we began learning about the week leading up to Jesus' death. This week is called Passion Week. We learned about Jesus entering Jerusalem on a donkey and how all the people were rejoicing that He had come. We also learned about how the Jewish leaders were using the temple to make money by selling animals and other things. We learned that Jesus went to the temple and made all of those people leave so that the Jewish people could come and worship God and pray at the temple.
1. Spelling Words: This week is a review week for Spelling.
January, February, doesn't, threw, clothes, squeal, scene, traffic, strange, drive, close, drift, didn't,
through, sprint, building
2. Memory Verse: Christ didn't have any sin. But God made him become sin for us. So we can be made right with God because of what Christ has done for us. 2 Corinthians 5:21
3. Our Scholastic Book Order will close this Friday (24th). If you would like to order please click on this link: http://world-schools.scholastic.co.uk/okinawa-christian-school-intl
9:00 - Hirohisa Fukuda
9:20 - Open Slot
9:40 - Yoshitaka Isobe
10:00 - Kiana Kelly
10:20 - Kai Kobayashi
10:40 - Break
11:00 - Mirai Kuba
11:20 - Teresa Kosinski
11:40 - Mia Perkins
12:00-1:00 - Lunch Break
1:00 - Ibuki Murai
1:20 - Trinity Tucker
1:40 - Hannah Rubero
2:00 - Hime Sakane
2:20 - Mika Tokutomi
2:40 - Ryan Lynn
3:00 - Dorothea Wiberg
3:20 - Ksenya Wilson
3:40 - Seojeong Yoon
4:00 - Kensei Novak
4:20 - Zimri Lopez
- What piece of work in your portfolio are you proud of? Why?
- What is your favorite part of school?
- What is your favorite subject? Why?
- What subject is the hardest? Why?
- How can we help you at home?
Have a great weekend! :)