Writing: In Writing we finished our first Procedural Book on how to do something. Next week we will write about how to make something.
Math: This week we finished learning about three digit addition and took our Chapter Test. Next week we will start on three digit subtraction strategies.
Bible: In Bible we continued learning about Jesus' miracles. We learned about Jesus healing a man that had a shriveled hand. Jesus showed compassion toward him and healed him of his disease.
1. Spelling Words: draw, saw, ought, pause, straw, paws, lawn, bought, August, caught, brought, taught, because, thought, sure, goes
2. Memory Verse: Who is this? He commands even the winds and the waves, and they obey him. Luke 8:25b
3. Book Orders were sent home last week. If you would like to order, please do so online at http://world-schools.scholastic.co.uk/okinawa-christian-school-intl or send in the order form and US Dollars with your student. The last day to order will be Friday, February 3rd.
4. Valentine Grams: The students received a Valentine Gram form this week. This is a fundraiser for one of the High School classes. For Valentines Day I would encourage the students to exchange Valentine cards or goodies with their classmates. These could be homemade cards and goodies or something from the Valentine Grams. If you chose to order Grams, please clearly write on the form who it is from and who it is for along with their grade. This could also be an option for your child's friends who are in different classes or grades. Please do not feel obligated to order Valentine Grams, it is just one option. However, I would love for us to exchange some small things for Valentines Day. If you would like a class list to do this, please let me know.
5. Our Class Field Trip to the Aquarium will take place on Friday, February 24. More information will be coming soon! We would love to have as many parents join us as possible, so please mark your calendars!
1/26 - Report Cards Issued
2/14 - Valentine's Day
2/20 - Presidents Day - No School
2/21 - Progress Reports
2/24 - Field Trip to Aquarium
Have a great weekend!