Here's a look at our week:
Reading: This week we reviewed some of our comprehension and vocabulary strategies. We worked on checking for comprehension, finding new vocabulary words, retelling a story, and making connections.
Writing: In Writing we continued learning about procedures and transition words. We finished our second How To Book.
Math: This week we started learning about three-digit subtraction. We practiced subtracting hundreds and tens. We also practiced borrowing from the tens and hundreds.
Bible: In Bible we learned about Jesus calming the storm and healing a woman who was bleeding for 12 years. We learned that Jesus is more powerful than anything we are afraid of and that He can heal all diseases.
1. Spelling Words: This week we will be reviewing the last few lessons. Our words are: preacher, watch, pitcher, thought, caught, because, write, taught, brought, August, chosen, reach, bought, pause, paws, which
2. Bible Memory Verse: Lord my God, I called out to you for help. And you healed me. Psalm 30:2
3. The last day for our Scholastic Book Order will be next Friday.
4. Report Cards were sent home yesterday. Please sign the envelope in the Quarter 2 spot and return it to me as soon as possible. If you have any questions about your student's grades or comments please send me a note or an email.
5. Our Field Trip to the Aquarium is coming up on Friday, February 24th! More information will be coming next week!
2/10 - Family Reading Night
2/21 - Progress Reports
2/20 - President's Day - No School
2/24 - Field Trip to the Aquarium
3/11 - School Holiday - No School
3/30 - Student Led Conferences
3/29-3/31 - Terra Nova Testing
Have a wonderful weekend!