In reading we continued to build our Read to Self stamina. Today we made it to 18 minutes of uninterrupted reading!! We have also been learning how to listen for interesting words while we are reading. The class has picked out some very interesting words from our class read alouds and from their own stories. We have also practiced our Read to Someone. We learned how to sit properly and take turns reading.
Through out the week we learned that God always keeps His promises. In the story of Noah we learned how God promised never to flood the earth again. In Abraham's story, we learned that God promised to give him a son and did that in a miraculous way.
In Writing, we learned how to plan for writing using a web. We made a class web about the topic of food. The next day we took our web and created a writing piece from it.
For Math we studied dollar bills, odd and even numbers, number grids, and greater than/less than. We will have our first Unit test next week.
This week in Social Studies we learned more about maps. Then we split into groups and started drawing our own maps!
1. Spelling Words: hidden, grass, hill, stuff, hammer, bless, kitten, ribbon, pizza, cliff, two, Monday
2. Bible Memory Verse: I am the Lord your God. I take hold of your right hand. I say to you, "Do not be afraid. I will help you." Isaiah 41:13
3. There will be NO SCHOOL on MONDAY.
4. Scholastic Book Orders went home this week! If you would like to order please do so online or by sending in US dollars with the order form. Last day to order will be Friday, September 25th.
5. UPCOMING FIELD TRIP: Permission Slips were sent home today for our upcoming field trip to Toguchi Beach on Thursday, September 17th. Please sign and return the bottom part of both pieces of paper by Friday, September 11. We hope many of you can join us for some fun on that day!
Have a wonderful long weekend!