Reading: We continued learning about Predictions. We practiced making predictions with a partner and by ourselves while reading.
Writing: This week we wrote poems! We learned how to take a big feeling and put it into a small moment for our poems.
Math: We continued learning about two-digit subtraction. We practiced subtracting by learning some poems to help us know when to regroup.
Bible: We continued learning about Jesus' birth. We learned how Mary and Joseph traveled to Bethlehem where Jesus was born. We also learned about the first people to hear about Jesus' birth, the shepherds, and how they shared with everyone the good news. We also learned about Simeon and Ana who waited many years to meet Jesus. They taught us to wait patiently for the things that God has promised us.
Phonics: We learned about homophones (words that sound the same, but are spelled different). We each drew some homophones and then practiced them with different games.
Please note that we will be taking our Spelling Test and Bible Test on Monday, November 20th
1. Spelling Words: This week is a review week for spelling. Our words are: neighbor, children, enough, weigh, peace, railway, praise, eight, breeze, hundred, been, use, know, leave
2. Memory Verse: Where is the child who has been born to be king of the Jews? When we were in the east, we saw his star. Now we have come to worship him. Matthew 2:2
3. Walkathon is this Saturday! Please arrive by 8:30 to be ready to walk at 9:00. The Holiday Market will also be on Saturday from 10am-2pm.
4. There is no school on Monday!
5. Scholastic Book Order: The last day to order is Tuesday, November 21. You can order online at https://world-shop.scholastic.co.uk/schools/okinawa-christian-school-intl or send in the order form and money to me.
11/11 - Walkathon
11/13 - No school
11/21 - 1st and 2nd Grade Harvest Day
11/22-11/24 - Thanksgiving Holiday - No School
12/6 - Early Dismissal (12:30) and Christmas Program (6pm)
12/15 - Early Dismissal (12:30)
Have a great weekend! :)