Reading: This week we learned the different parts of a story. We learned to identify the characters, setting, problem, and solution. We also had Mrs. Roe come in an read to us on Wednesday!
Writing: In Writing we learned how to make our stories more powerful by adding how the character feels and what the character sees and hears. We also learned to replace our words with more specific and powerful words to help our reader make a mental picture.
Math: This week we learned how to add two-digit numbers. We practiced how to regroup the ones as tens. Next week we will take our Chapter 3 Test.
Bible: We finished learning about the Old Testament of the Bible. We learned about how God's people were taken into exile for 70 years because of their disobedience. We also learned that God brought them back to their land after those 70 years.
1. Spelling Words: cheese, teeth, even, please, team, easy, breeze, these, peace, leave, keep, zero, yours, upon
2. Bible Memory Verse: That kind of person is like a tree that is planted near a stream of water. It always bears its fruit at the right time. Its leaves don't dry up. Psalm 1:3
3. Walkathon is November 11th. Registration Forms and money are due this Monday. If your child would like to participate, they will need to have an adult walk with them.
4. Parent/Teacher Conferences will be November 3rd. Please check your child's Friday Folder to see your assigned time. Please fill out the form and return it to me next week.
5. This year we are participating in Operation Christmas Child! Each student picked something they would like to purchase and place inside our shoe box. If you would like to see what Operation Christmas Child is all about, you can watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/
Have a great weekend! :)