Reading: This week we focused on accuracy strategies to help us read the words correctly. We learned how to stretch out the words, look for silent 'e', and cross-check. We also continued to practice our Read to Self and Read to Someone to build stamina.
Writing: We learned how to edit our stories and published our first story! On Friday we had a chance to share our finished stories with the class.
Math: This week we learned about fact families and two-step word problems. On Friday we reviewed our addition and subtraction facts to get ready for our test next week.
Bible: We learned about Jacob and Esau. Even though Jacob made some bad choices, we learned that God did not give up on him. We also learned about one of his sons, Joseph. Joseph kept trusting God even though some hard things happened to him. We learned to trust God no matter what is happening in our lives.
1. Spelling Words: smoke, quick, backpack, hike, clock, lake, strike, backstroke, check, ticket, friend, baseball
2. Memory Verse: Lord, you are forgiving and good. You are full of love for all who call out to you. Psalm 86:5
3. There is no school on Monday.
4. Our Toguchi Beach field trip is Friday, September 29th. We will leave school at 10:30 and return at 2:00.
5. If you would like to order some books through scholastic please use this link: http://world-schools.scholastic.co.uk/okinawa-christian-school-intl . Please find 2.1 Miss Guiles and place your order using a credit card. You can also fill out the order form and send it to school with your child along with the correct money amount in US DOLLARS. The last day to order will be next Friday, September 22.
Have a wonderful weekend! :)