Here's a look at our week:
Reading: This week in reading we learned about suffixes and how they are added to the end of a word to change the meaning. We brainstormed different words with suffixes and added them to our anchor chart.
Writing: In writing we finished our final copy of our Animal Research Papers and drew a picture of our animal.
Math: This week in math we finished learning about measurement, area, and perimeter. On Monday we made robots and then found the area of each of the body parts. It was great to see the creativity of the students as they designed their robots. We also took our Unit 9 test on Thursday.
Bible: In Bible we continued learning about parables. We talked about the Parable of the Unforgiving Servant and how God wants us to forgive others just as He has forgiven us. We also talked about the Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector and the right way to pray.
1. There will be no spelling words and no Bible memory verse because of Terra Nova Testing.
2. Terra Nova Testing will take place next week on Wednesday and Thursday. The Terra Nova is a standardized test that will provide data on how your student is progressing in comparison to other students in American and International schools worldwide. In preparation for these tests please be sure your student:
- gets 8-10 hours of sleep each night
- eats a nutritional breakfast before school each morning
- refrains from extra activities in the evening during testing days
- brings a light, healthy snack each day such as one banana, a small baggie of popcorn, dried fruit, etc. (please do not bring anything sugary as a snack)
- is on time to school each day
3. Kid City will take place next Friday, April 8th from 8:45-11:20. We are in need of some parents to come and help us run the different stations. If you are able to come, please send me an email or a note with your student. We will also be sending home a sign up form next week.
4. We are also in need of donations for our Kid City Restaurant. We need cookies (individually wrapped), small Yakult, senbei (individually wrapped), and mikans. If you would like to donate, please send it in with your student this week.
5. We are in need of your help this Tuesday as we get ready for Kid City. We will be working on making signs, making badges, putting money in envelopes, prop making, etc after school from 3:00-4:00 in room 208.
April 6-7 : Terra Nova Testing
April 8 : Kid City
April 8 : Pre-registration and Early Dismissal
April 9-17 : Spring Break
April 29 : Elementary Field Day
Have a great weekend!