Here's a quick look at the rest of our week:
Reading: This week in Reading we finished talking about inferences. We read several books and practiced making inferences from the pictures. We also split into groups and made inferences using the Pigeon books by Mo Willems.
Writing: In Writing we continued working on our Animal Research Projects. We wrote our first draft and starting the editing process.
Math: This week in Math we learned about measurement. We practiced measuring in inches, feet, and meters by going outside and measuring things on the playground.
We also learned how to find the perimeter of a shape. We practiced by making flap books and these Perimeter Ice Cream Cones.
Bible: In Bible we continued learning about the week that Jesus died. We learned about the Last Supper He had with His disciples and about how He was arrested and tried. Today we learned about how Jesus died on the cross for our sins so that we could have a relationship with God again.
This week we also celebrated Saint Patrick's Day by making these mosaic clovers and writing about people that are "worth more than gold" to us.
1. Spelling: This week we will be reviewing the spelling words from the last few weeks.
2. Bible: We will have the same verse as this past week and take the test on Thursday.
"Christ didn't have any sin. But God made him become sin for us. So we can be made right with God because of what Christ has done for us." 2 Corinthians 5:21
3. We have reached the end of 3rd quarter! Because of this, there will be NO SCHOOL this coming Monday.
4. There will also be NO SCHOOL this coming Friday because it is Good Friday.
5. Student Led Conferences will be on April 1st. Schedules will be sent home with students on Tuesday.
March 21st - No School
March 24th - Family Reading Night
March 25th - No School
April 1st - Student Led Conferences
April 6-8 - Terra Nova Testing
April 8th - Kid City
April 9-17 - Spring Break
Have a great weekend!