This week has been a busy one in 2.1. In Reading, we continued to work on making Inferences during our reading. In Writing we did a fun writing activity together. The students enjoyed getting to add on to their friends' stories and see how their story changed as others added their ideas. We also wrote a story as if we were Pilgrims traveling to a new land. The student had to pick what five things they would take with them if they were leaving for a new land. In Math, we continued to work on Addition Strategies and started learning about Ballpark Estimates. For Bible, we finished our discussion of the Sermon on the Mount and learned how God wants us to behave towards others. We also learned that it is important to always give thanks to God.
This week has also been full of Christmas Program practice as we get ready for our program on December 5th. We also welcomed a new student to our class this week, Tiana Miranda. We have had a good week of getting to know one another and relearning our routines. On Thursday, we also had our Ice Cream Party for being the winners of the Elementary Division of the Walkathon Door Decorating Contest!! The students did a wonderful job of decorating our door and we had a fun time celebrating our hard work with Ice Cream!!
Important Information for next week:
1. Scholastic Book Orders were due TODAY. If you would still like to order, please do so online tonight.
2. Tomorrow is the PTF Holiday Market from 10am-2pm.
3. Next TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 25TH we will have Harvest Day. Information was sent home in Friday Folders today. If you would like to come in and help, please send me an email.
4. Next TUESDAY is also Pie Day!! Fliers were sent home with some students who expressed interest in bringing a pie. If you receive a slip and would like to contribute a pie please return the slip to me on Monday. If you did not get one and would like to contribute a pie, please email me and I will let you know if there is a need.
5. Next week we will have Thanksgiving Break from WEDNESDAY, NOV 26TH - FRIDAY, NOV 28TH. There will be no school on these three days.
6. Due to the shortened week, there will be no spelling words or Bible Memory Verse next week. Enjoy the week off!! :)
Have a blessed weekend!!